SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat worth price?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012

KarlP is on a distinguished road
Re: Boat worth price?

As a point of reference... Over the weekend I bought a 1978 CD25 (after bridge deck, before bronze ports) and a never been submerged 2006 Triad float-off trailer with about 400 unloaded and 1 loaded mile on it for $4650. Found it listed on the Cape Dory forum and paid full asking price.

The boat has been on the hard for six and a half years. Hull, decks, rudder, and standing rigging look to be in great shape. Non-skid looks decent. A few small cracks in the non-skid and deck gelcoat to repair but decks seem dry. Original gelcoat topsides with a few small patches where the color doesn't match perfectly but you have to look for it. I have pictures from two years ago with the bottom stripped and the gelcoat looks original there too. It now has new bottom paint.

Main and hank on jib look good. Roller genoa could use some repairs. Sail covers have a few small holes in them. Halyards have all rotted in the sun. Only electronics are an older sounder and knot meter. No outboard. No cushions. Compass has been uncovered for many years and the dome is now so brown it is not readable from more than a couple inches away. It is a portapotty model and one came included but I'm thinking about adding a head. The companway drop boards were replaced by a sheet of plywood with a vent in it. It is now badly rotted so I'll build some new drop boards.

I pulled it from Maryland to New Hampshire with a Toyota Tacoma. I can't believe how well the Triad trailer tows.

Last edited by KarlP; 08-06-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook