Fast and easy is a Jet. ;-)
I'm not sure that I'd plan a trip that had me crossing the gulf stream twice in September and October. A layover waiting out bad weather could cost you any time you saved
Any sail south along the Eastern Seaboard in late September early October will be likely decided by God, not the schedule. Following the coast could give you the option to keep moving inside, should conditions outside become ominous. If the outside remains viable then you're golden. Options..are good. Going all in..can backfire.
I have followed Jon's plan..in the past...and made good southing every day..even when all hell was breaking loose on the ocean. jumping in and out when I could.
Last edited by Tempest; 08-07-2012 at 06:57 AM.