SailNet Community - View Single Post - C & C Mark I Input
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012

jproppe is on a distinguished road
Question C & C Mark I Input

Hi there ...

Im in the process of purchasing my first sailboat. I am an experienced "crew member" but would consider myself to be an overall beginner sailor that sails cautiously. My experience in sailing thus far has been on an O'Day 25 (keel centreboard, with a draft of 24" CB up, 4' CB down.)

Im comfortable with light to mid winds, moderate heeling and looking for a nice weekend cursor. I am more interested in overall weekend comfort and cursing stability over racing. I will be sailing primarily solo, or with my boys (aged 11 & 13.)

I am interested in purchasing a 1973 C & C Mark I. I have seen and sailed the boat, it is in really excellent condition, comes with many new sails, some modern instrumentations and a new marine head and tanks. (Link to ad: 1973 C & C Mark I )

Questions / Advice please .... specifically:

#1. Is $5,900 a fair price, considering the boat has no rolling furling, no stereo, no shore power and no trailer?

#2. I test sailed it on a fairly windy day (I believe wind gusts up to 30 knots) and white capped water) so the boat FLEW but really heeled. (As a beginner, it scared me a bit.) Is the C&C 25 generally stable? Forgiving? Does it tend to always heel?

#3. Im looking for a boat to grow in, but will likely never race her (.... who knows though...) Was the C & C 24 built more for racing or cursing?

#4. Overall impressions of the C & C 25 Mark I. Any current owners have any input/review of their boat?

#5. Is this a suitable boat to learn on and grow with?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook