SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted 5+ days MD to Cape Cod Aug 2nd
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Crew Wanted 5+ days MD to Cape Cod Aug 2nd

David,

Thanks for spelling that out for me. I do know what you mean when you mention the 'energy wall'. Everyone will hit the 'wall' eventually.

I crewed on a 36' ketch from Cape May to NYC a few months ago and we were given 2 hour lie down times every 4 hours with 3 of us aboard. I had difficulty sleeping when my turn to lie down came up but rested anyway and was grateful for that down time. After 24 hours of trying to leave the buildings of Atlantic City behind and approaching NY Harbor in the wee morning hours of 4 or 5 AM off Sandy Hook I was exhausted but not useless. I wish I had slept more and my eyes played some tricks on me trying to discern the difference between some real lightning and just an ocular hallucination of a flash. I could still tell when there was real lightning but it is disconcerting to have to second guess your own senses.

Getting plenty of rest is sound advice. I need to work on that but I might have missed the small pod of dolphins we saw off AC on our way north if I had been zzzzzzzz.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook