SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
Thanks for the updates and pics, Paulo. Beautiful boat! I suspect the motoring performance can be improved with a differrent prop. The challenge will be to get the increased performance without overworking the 40hp engine. I am sure this has already been addressed by other Comet 41 owners.
Happy sledding!
Thanks

Well, two days ago I got not a perfect wind and sea but at least one that I could enjoy even if the waves were too nasty for my wife.

The wind was between 14/22K, too much downwind to be perfect without a spinnaker and the waves were big for the med and on the side. Four hours between 7.5 and 10k put a big smile on my face. Of course the boat could carry a lot more sail - I am only using a jib and the main - not properly a good configuration for downwind sailing.

I think it is time to try the 135% genoa (if I can convince my wife). She has a point: this year has been a particularly windy one over here with gale warnings almost every day. For tomorrow there is one with the Bora blowing between 30 and 45K.

Regards
Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook