SailNet Community - View Single Post - CATAMARAN DESIGN and BRIDEDECK CLEARANCE
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012

Bazcatana is on a distinguished road
Re: CATAMARAN DESIGN and BRIDEDECK CLEARANCE

Hi petercheck,

I have read your thread and I bet you are interested in my top ten Cats and the 6 requirements for quick Cat sailing, thats why I am launching My 'What Cat not to buy and why'

Lots of Cat buyers are sold up the river by Brokers who say 'have a nice day' but don't mean it. I got fed up listening to the garbage Brokers talk over the past 5 years, and that is the main reason for Launching my Website.

The other one is because a Great Cat in the West Palm Beach in the Cracker Boy Yard, has been butchered by the Loving owners, I wanted to but it until I put it through my Spreadsheet to get a 'Bruce number' (Power to weight ratio) and it sucked.

I asked the Architect what was in the original design and found they had cut the Dagger-boards in half and poss the rudders as well, loaded the weight up from 10 Ton to 12 Ton, reduced the sail area and generally messed up a very good Cat that cannot sail well anymore.

I wanted to expose people and Brokers like this to the budding Cat sailor who has a lot to learn about Cats and end up buying things that float, thats why it is called a boat, but it does not sail well because the production Cats do not have any of the 6 requirements I talk of.

I could talk for a week on Cat design but this is not the place to do it.

All I want to do is give potential Cat buyers somewhere they can go to ask questions about potential Cat purchases they might make, before they make a mistake, like so many Cat owners who are disappointed with what they bought, for one reason or another.

I know the answers, with 200 Cats on my database I should do, and soon I will be able to let the Cat buying public know what Catamaran/Multihull not to buy.

Give me 2 weeks and I should be Online with my Website but, there is a small fee, but you said you did not thinks so, I take it you don't thing buyers will pay $50 to find out what I know, we will see.

It's been great talking, no doubt we will do more. I am looking forward to helping cat buyers choose the correct boat before they buy.

Best regards

Barry Parkinson
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook