SailNet Community - View Single Post - CATAMARAN DESIGN and BRIDEDECK CLEARANCE
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 08-10-2012
Bazcatana

Re: CATAMARAN DESIGN and BRIDEDECK CLEARANCE

Hi petercheck,

I have read your thread and I bet you are interested in my top ten Cats and the 6 requirements for quick Cat sailing, thats why I am launching My 'What Cat not to buy and why'

Lots of Cat buyers are sold up the river by Brokers who say 'have a nice day' but don't mean it. I got fed up listening to the garbage Brokers talk over the past 5 years, and that is the main reason for Launching my Website.

The other one is because a Great Cat in the West Palm Beach in the Cracker Boy Yard, has been butchered by the Loving owners, I wanted to but it until I put it through my Spreadsheet to get a 'Bruce number' (Power to weight ratio) and it sucked.

I asked the Architect what was in the original design and found they had cut the Dagger-boards in half and poss the rudders as well, loaded the weight up from 10 Ton to 12 Ton, reduced the sail area and generally messed up a very good Cat that cannot sail well anymore.

I wanted to expose people and Brokers like this to the budding Cat sailor who has a lot to learn about Cats and end up buying things that float, thats why it is called a boat, but it does not sail well because the production Cats do not have any of the 6 requirements I talk of.

I could talk for a week on Cat design but this is not the place to do it.

All I want to do is give potential Cat buyers somewhere they can go to ask questions about potential Cat purchases they might make, before they make a mistake, like so many Cat owners who are disappointed with what they bought, for one reason or another.

I know the answers, with 200 Cats on my database I should do, and soon I will be able to let the Cat buying public know what Catamaran/Multihull not to buy.

Give me 2 weeks and I should be Online with my Website but, there is a small fee, but you said you did not thinks so, I take it you don't thing buyers will pay $50 to find out what I know, we will see.

It's been great talking, no doubt we will do more. I am looking forward to helping cat buyers choose the correct boat before they buy.

Best regards

Barry Parkinson
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome