SailNet Community - View Single Post - Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012
Lurker extraordinaire

dgasmd is on a distinguished road
Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...

Loved the videos and find them very enjoyable, so the following goes not as criticism for the sake of it but rather as constructive criticism to maybe improve them.

1. Cut out a lot of the talking while walking and showing not much of anything of relevance. One tends to loose focus and interest while waiting for the walking to end and show what the end target was. Editing the video prior to uploading should considerably help with that.
2. Add sections where the video/scenery speaks for itself and put some music in the background. I see you have a MAC and suspect you do your video editing on iMovie like I do. That should incredibly simple with it. I have seen 10-15 min+ long videos where there was not single word spoken and yet you feel like you were there and could explain it to someone else.
3. Plan ahead on what the content will be. It makes it easier to have dialogue when you have an idea what you want to say rather than ramble when you come up to something, if you do come up to something.

Again, just suggestions or constructive criticism. Sail on...........
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook