SailNet Community - View Single Post - Diesel Engine trouble-shooting
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012

JordanH is on a distinguished road
Re: Diesel Engine trouble-shooting

Thanks davidpm. Yes, air getting in definitely crossed my mind (I had this problem last year) but I forgot to jot it down. Any advice for how to determine where air is getting in?
Last year, it was the crush washers around the... lift pump... (I think I have that term correct).

While I was going through the chop exiting the channel, heeled to starboard (tank on starboard) I thought it might have sloshed the 1/2 tank of fuel enough such that it got a mouthful of air. But later on, it also slogged down a bit which is strange as the lake was dead calm and we were upright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd3pc
the lights are a result of the engine stalling, not the other way around....
kd3pc, I know what you are thinking here, but I'm not quite that clueless. ;-) Yes, the lights pop on when the engine stalls and that may have been the case on the first stall. However, when we arrived at home, the engine was running with the green light flickering. Not both lights, not solid and the engine was running for several minutes while this was occurring. The latter case was definitely not a result of a stall.

Hopefully I can find time today to get to the boat and figure out where that green light is attached.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook