SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at visiting Seattle
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking at visiting Seattle

That is a loaded question........way the heck tooooo many things to see and do depending upon your wish's frankly. Yeah, you can get a ride on the carr as mentioned for $30, or blue bomber from the same place. The blue one is an old 12m training boat from what I understand.

There is not a single marina per say in the area. try maybe 25-50 with in 20-30 miles of downtown seattle or more. Especially if you look at the public vs the private vs club owned. I think there is three in portage bay alone, two are private from Queen city and seattle YC's......plus moorage for the UW fisheries/oceanic dept's. Plus house boats, including the one from a movie that the name is escaping me right now.

I'm thinking there are 15 or so marinas just on lk washington alone now that I am thinking some.............not too hard to find live aboard marina's frankly. Oh yeah, puget sound has over 300 YCs to choose from!

The safe is a great place to watch a b-ball game.......

there are plenty of places to visit along the waterfront under the viaduc, you might drive along it, as it will not be their for long......g.reat view of elliot bay. Still not sick of the view after driving along it an unknown amount of times........

Enjoy your time here!

Marty

ps, it rains here a lot, so visit, but you might not like the 30-34" of rain per year we get! which is 10-20" less than the area east of the mississippi gets from May1 to oct 1.........