SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailing us virgin islands
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2001

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
sailing us virgin islands

Can''t see the transoms on the Amels. The one on the dock at Lavida is, I believe, the one owned by a Doctor that advertises in the classifieds in Cruising World, Latts & Atts or somewhere for charters. Nice looking boat. You might track this guy down and coordinate a daysail or overnight when he''s on island. I''d want to see about the bulkhead-mounted helm. I don''t know why, but I''m not real excited about it. Theres an Amel for sale (46?) in SXM that was holed in one of the hurricanes. My understanding is that the hulls are cored and a bitch to repair. In any event, I was at AYH last night - had a skippers meeting for the Wahoo Windup tournament tomorrow - the docks were dark, but if your boat is the dark blue one with all the stainless it''s a beauty. Couldn''t see the transom. Looked like a Pacific Seacraft to me. We were in a hurry and didn''t hang out. I''m headed back to Independent Boatyard right now, and have to pick up dinner at Marina Market, so I''ll go take a daylight look. The weigh-in for the Wahoo tournament is at the fuel dock, I believe. I''ll check the lines. Enjoy the weather up there while you can. I hear it''s going to get nasty fast. KW
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook