Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South carolina
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Re: C & C Mark I Input
I spent $2,500 for the boat it came with 7 sails a good running 2gm yanmar diesel and a lot of other stuff. Yes it took 4 months and a lot of work. I spent $4,500.00 on a haul-out and bottom cleaning and paint for the bottom. The C&C is a great boat. especially the older ones. Mine is a 1981 C&C 30MK1 She handles like a dream. I still have some things to do to get her were I want to be but no one has every project done on there vessel's/ The price you have there is a great price. some things to check if you are not going to get a survey.
1) Balsa core rest "moisture meter".
2) Standing Rigging
3) running rigging
4) Keel Bolts Torque? "C&C Smile"
5) Wiring/ charging system "Batteries"
6) Holding tank clean and water tight.
7) Head " Y-valve Rebuild or replace. replaced my own $275.00
8) Anchor system.
9) thru-Hull valves" Engine intake, Cockpit drain, Sink to y into Cockpit drain, head,
10 Sail inventory, " shackles halyards, Sheets, Clamps associated hardware.
11 Electronics. Bare min: Depth, GPS, VHS. Optional. Wind direction and speed Hull speed VMG.
What ever you do have fun. Don't be afraid to do it your self on a lot of the projects. Its fun and it lets you get to know your vessel real well. I will give you a feeling on ownership. You do some bonding with her. You will both benefit. Good luck