SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew needed from Cape Town to Brazil
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 08-14-2012
BigJohn1776

Re: Crew needed from Cape Town to Brazil

Ahoy Killarny,

That indeed sounds like an interesting passage - particularly the part about St. Helena I've been sailing all my life, mostly on ~18'-20' sloop and later as PHRF race crew. We live in Virginia & typically sail my Endeavour 32 on lower Chesapeake Bay, so I'm also a diver plus particularly handy at fixing boats, cars, bikes also misc. electrical items. I have also been employed in engineering (since forever) & might benefit from such a break. Besides my Ches. Bay sailing I have also crewed 43' ketch rig for caribbean passage, loved it & also enjoy catching pelagic tuna from cobalt blue waters, (I'll bring the Wasabe sauce). My wife (originally from Ontario) & I are anglophones but we also speak French fluently plus I can also manage in Spanish.
BTW: My wife is an accomplished filmmaker, she always gets excited about sailing an oceanic passage, so perhaps this will help her to find a new distraction for the "winter" months. I've already mentioned this potential adventure her to help her absorb some of that salty crust.

Cheers,

John
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome