SailNet Community - View Single Post - 39th Annual St. Mary's Governor's Cup
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Re: 39th Annual St. Mary's Governor's Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreman View Post
Don't know but this was our 5th year and they've all been pretty tame and not nearly up to what I'd been led to expect. The worst part was the single, tiny shuttle boat from the anchorage. The poor guy was running on no fuel had been led to believe that there would be other shuttles. People were yelling at him, as if it was his fault.

Next year, we'll drop the hook and let the crew go ashore. I plan to sleep and swim and then leave after 2 or 3 hours. By the time that we cross over to the Yeocomico and tie up at our marina, it's pretty late. We usually drive one or more crew home, so by the time that we get home to Fredericksburg, we can barely stay awake.
We only stayed in St. Mary's about an hour then motored down the river to take a slip at Point Lookout (The place is really getting run down). We were at least able to plug in and run AC for a cool nights sleep. Fortunately, the restaurant at Point Lookout is still pretty dang good even if the docks are falling apart, so we had a great supper before crashing for the night.

I think if the townhouse dorms were cheaper and you were allowed to cram your whole crew in, the party might be livelier.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook