SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012

sevseasail is on a distinguished road
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barquito View Post
Sev - That is great! I have the same panel sitting on a shelf in the basement. Is yours mounted loose enough that you can adjust the angle of the panel on the rail?
Thanks!!

And, no, it's not loose at all, I put a section of rubber between the U bolt and the railing as to give it more "grip" and avoid movement; I'm not using the clamp that comes with the U bolt, that one is flimsy and bends when tightened, instead the aluminum bracket is much more robust and allows for a good tightening; but it's just 4 nuts and I can re adjust the angle if needed. (the picture on the post above shows a closeup from behind mounted to a pipe in my garage, not on the boat)

I figure for my location 34deg. (which is the latitude) is the average position of the sun throughout one year, so, set it there and forget about it, sometimes it will be more effective than others (that is most effective when sun is in celestial equator) but for my needs it's fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Chata
1980 Catalina 22

"Common sense is the least common of the senses"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook