Thread: Mystic CT
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012
Senior Cruiser

sea_hunter is on a distinguished road
Re: Mystic CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniphoenix View Post
Sea hunter, thank you for the information. I am new to sailing, and to activecaptain, so maybe I am not using it correctly, but when I look at the Mystic area, only Pine Island and the area near the shipyard show up as anchorages. You say that I can tie up at the shell station. Is it a gas station? Is it on the East or West side of the river? Is it near the bridge. Do you konw the name of the restaurant?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the area and am just trying to get a marker so I'll know it when I see it. Thanks!
Hey there. You need to be logged in as a registered user with AC before you see everything. What you're looking for is Mystic River Marina (it's the one with the big Shell sign). There's a restaurant there and if you tell them that's where your going and the dock's not busy they'll let you stay for lunch. As for anchorages all you can see outside the narrow nav channel is for anchoring, but it's usually pretty crowded. You have an advantage with a shallow draft though as you can settle where others dare not. Log into AC and then post back; if I'm on I'll nav you through the area.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook