SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 27 liner stress cracks
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012

roystonrocket is on a distinguished road
Re: Catalina 27 liner stress cracks

Some answers for you Sidney777. These cracks are about up to a foot long. There are several, maybe up to a dozen in some places. I haven't gone in the water to check for the crack between keel and hull. We have grids here but I haven't lined up times for that yet as I wanted to know if it is worth going any further with this boat. I think the reason the surveyor was giving mixed opinions was he is not sure if these cracks are structural. This wasn't a complete survey, he just charged me $50 to spend an hour and look things over. His biggest concerns are these cracks, 2 small hollow sounding spots on the deck below windows that look like they have leaked, and the keel bolts not all sounding the same on tapping. There is lots of clearance under the door to head. Dinette fits well. The bulkhead was just replaced along with 6 new shroud anchors. The equipment is furlex roller, 8 hp Yamaha 4 stroke, electric start and tilt, autohelm, zodiac cadet dinghy with 2 hp yamaha, propane heat, digital depth and speed. Asking $10500. Prices are high here in Comox as there is no available moorage so the only way to get a spot is buy boat and moorage which this boat has. Thanks for your interest. It is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook