SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marthas Vineyard, Greenport, Block Island, Port Jeff, Matiuk, Stonington, New Lo
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Marthas Vineyard, Greenport, Block Island, Port Jeff, Matiuk, Stonington, New Lo

Dave/Chef2Sail,

I can't promise that I'll be available when you pass through NYC but if it works out I'd enjoy meeting your culinary Highness.
I can tell you that Liberty Landing Marina has added about 16 new moorings on the Manhattan side of the Hudson just north of the LLM site. They charge $75/night for a transient mooring and do provide a launch service with (I'm sure) limited hours, and a dinghy dock.
Within walking distance is our favorite, affordable, good food place called Walker's: Walker's Restaurant – Tribeca – NYC which will not break your wallet and provides good sized portions of comfort and healthy food.
There are a bunch of 'fancy' (read: expensive) places nearby on Greenwich St. like 'Tribeca Grill' and 'Wolfgang's Steak House'. Throw into the mix a Brazillian Steak House: tribeca new web and the choices are fairly broad, if not cheap.
If your palate veers more toward the orient there is 'Tamarind - Tribeca' (http://www.tamarinde22.com/) which is an upscale Indian food restaurant. I found the food to be very good, the setting elegant but not cheap.
Also within walking distance are: Kutsher's Tribeca (not quite Kosher but almost), Welcome to Flor de Sol NYC (tappas that used to be quite good but overrun with too many young folks), a few Italian and Continental places and even a McDonald's (which I do not recommend).
There is even a Whole Foods with a hot food court within walking distance of the $75/night moorings.
I'd bet that the moorings there (north of Battery Park City) get a bit bouncy but it is a cheaper alternative to a slip at LLM (by a few dollars).

I'll monitor your progress and see if we can arrange to meet up.
Enjoy your end of summer cruise.

Caleb D.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook