SailNet Community - View Single Post - When will I learn to listen to that little voice?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
Re: When will I learn to listen to that little voice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
Hey Welshman, we left Penetang for hope the same day. As we were leaving the outer harbour I noticed a sailboat behind us under sail going at a good clip, and tacking towards us. Had a feeling it was you, and after reading your post I'm sure. Never got close enough for me to give you a wave though. We motored the whole way. Since I had a feeling it was you I was a bit surprised when the sailboat didn't show at hope. Now I know why.
The waves between Giants Thomb and Hope were the worst the wife and I have seen so far. The wife was freaking out a bit. I had to reassure her with the comment " if the boat can't handle a lot worse than this were f@$%^& anyway so relax ". My annoni...aninim... anom... the spinning thing at the top of the mast that gives you wind speed has not been working all season. Got it fixed before we left. It was reading 25 knots gusts to 30 true wind speed between giants thomb and hope.
Sorry to hear your trip was cancelled. We did a tour of southern Georgian Bay that week and the wind followed the bow of our boat like a magnet.
Sorry I missed you.

I'm out there very often. I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you.

Take care.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook