SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Croatia

Hi guys,

A bit out of the thread, but I know that some of you charter in Croatia, so, after one month and a half sailing in Croatia, a little advice: Avoid central Croatia, specially the Islands, they are overcrowded with everybody looking for a mooring or anchor spot before 3.00 in the afternoon and when you think that there is no more place for anyone there is a guy that is going to put the boat just over yours...terrible.

In the North, a lot less people, almost no charter boats and better sailors with their own boats, more wind, less expensive, in the South (near Dubrovnick and in the Islands), less people and more beautiful Islands. I really don't understand why people prefer to sail the desert and bald Kornati than Elaphiti Islands. Beautiful Island towns and plenty of green. My favorite place is probably the little town on South Sipan, Sudurad. Almost nobody on the anchorage and the Island was almost without tourists when the last boat left. Perfect dinner by the sea.

Lopud is also nearly perfect without cars and with beautiful mountain tracks.

There you have, I hope it is useful to somebvody. Today I am in Cavtat, the Russian Croatian city, I mean, in the port only huge Russian motorboats. Tomorrow I'll be out of Croatia, sailing to Montenegro and Greece.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 08-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook