SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seaworthy Sailboat Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012
Sail n Surf

riverwind is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Seaworthy Sailboat Help!

To start, I'll tell you my plans with the boat.
A friend and I, both 20 yrs old, and are experienced surfers and sailers. We've both always wanted to go on an adventure to wherever we might end up, meeting new people and surfing new breaks along the way. So the plan is to be crossing oceans as big as the pacific. Basically going around the world in a criss-cross, zig-zag pattern, stopping basically wherever we want.

We have a budget of no more than $25,000 for a boat, and want something small. 30' at the least, 40' at the most. Something the two of us can easily handle alone(while one of us is getting rest). We would preferably want a center-cockpit so that we can each have our own birth(aft-birth and v-birth). Obviously a functional galley will be needed, and at least one head w/ a shower. We'll be travelling with a couple boards each, and I realize a small boat is limited in terms of space, but somewhere to store our surfboards would be nice.
Most importantly, for our budget, we want the most seaworthy sailboat we can find. Advice from anyone and everyone is welcome! and Thank you!

Last edited by riverwind; 08-16-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook