SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stop freakin' waving at me!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
Re: Stop freakin' waving at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
It never fails to amaze me how so many of you do not read the posts or even understand them.
Just out of curiosity, how many "cattlemarans" have you seen that are schooner rigged?
I did not say I NEVER wave, but if I am otherwise occupied then to your wave I am a "sailingdouchbag". Fine, I can live with that.
But the long and short of it to me is that I spent my life getting paid to go sailing; trips to Europe, the Caribbean, up the Amazon and Orinoco rivers, the Great Lakes, etc. I am not supporting my sailing at some nowhere job, dreaming of a life I will probably never attain, sitting in my lazy boy criticizing those who are doing it .
So put me down and I'll consider the source and we'll all be happy. But keep clear of me when we're on the water, because you probably believe you have the "right of way" because you are sailing on a starboard tack!
Capta, you misunderstand: being labelled an SDB is a badge of honour - wear it proudly!

I know I do.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook