SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trailering a Pacific Seacraft 34
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Trailering a Pacific Seacraft 34

I'd do it with my 3500 dually without thinking twice. Granted I pull trailers of different types sizes and wts usually daily..........I've even pulled my stepdads 8K boat and trailer that is probably 35'ish feet long with a bow sprit and boomkin. around 10' wide.

There is a place in bellingham that will also custom build a trailer too. My step dads was around 4K iirc.

Issue I see.....you're looking at $500-1000 ea side taking the mast etc up/down for transport, plus fuel/permits etc to and from. Insurance I doubt that it costs you much more than normal insurance for towing trailers. Check with agent. Probably part of the trailer insurance as it is for me.

At the end of the day, it could cost just as much or more to transport the boat to and from and it does to leave a boat in a slip those other 4-6 months of the year. Then again, having a boat at home to work on things during the winter could be nice too.

THe other, something tells me from weather reports, talking to people I know down there. the willamette valley seems to get a bit colder, windier etc than it does up here in the seattle to everett area or even anacortes. Bellingham it does get colder, snowier etc. still very few pull boats for the winter in the general salish sea area, that would include going north into canada.

marty