SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bluewater Sailboat Question
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012

SeaSickFish is on a distinguished road
Re: Bluewater Sailboat Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean101 View Post
I think you can find all kinds of boats that will fit the general requirements you stated in your OP. In order to help narrow down what would work best, you may want to mention a few specifics.

Will you have 5 or 6 people cruising with you at all times or will it mainly be overnight/weekend outings with friends while you and 1 or 2 others remain as a permanent crew? Also, what area will most of your sailing take place and where do you plan to go? That can be very important. You may also want to mention if the boat will be your primary home. Camping for a month or two and camping permanently are 2 separate horses.

The more information you can provide as to what you are looking for, the more specific advice you will get. There is a lot of experience floating around here and I dare say they can point you in a good starting direction.

A word of warning; In any group you will find those who are smart and those that are smart-a$$'s. It's the internet. So, welcome to Sailnet, have a thick skin, remember the ignore button, hang around for the good stuff, and enjoy!
there will be 4 perms and ofc a couple weekenders. it will serve as a primary home for 4. to start out we will be running the carribean for a while (since i live in florida) till we are all comfortable with the tasks that are needed on the ship and then i plan on going thro the panama and heading out into the southern ocean towards the Indonesian islands. this is why a bluewater boat is needed imo.

Last edited by SeaSickFish; 08-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook