SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bluewater Sailboat Question
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012
Life is a wild ride!

Dean101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Bluewater Sailboat Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSickFish View Post
there will be 4 perms and ofc a couple weekenders. it will serve as a primary home for 4. to start out we will be running the carribean for a while (since i live in florida) till we are all comfortable with the tasks that are needed on the ship and then i plan on going thro the panama and heading out into the southern ocean towards the Indonesian islands. this is why a bluewater boat is needed imo.
I think with the info you provided, people will have a better understanding of your requirements and be able to give more appropriate advice. I won't recommend any specific boat because of my limited experience but I will suggest you look at a couple of websites that may give you some ideas to start from.

Mahina Expedition - Selecting A Boat for Offshore Cruising

and

Full List of Sailboats

I'm not affiliated with either site and only recommend them from a research perspective. I'm hoping to take off with my own dream in a few years and have been researching appropriate (for me at least) boats. Looking at the boats you're interested in in person gives you a much better feel for them. As mentioned before, if possible, getting some sea time on different boats will teach you more about what works and what doesn't than any book even if it's not a boat you may be interested in.

Best of luck with your search!

Last edited by Dean101; 08-19-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook