SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pressure cooker choice
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Pressure cooker choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodvet View Post
Aluminum is Fluoride, it's in prozac, under arm anti-persperants, city water, pesticides, there's plenty in black tea and it just keeps going. I steer clear of it to reduce poisons in my system so I am no fan of aluminum cooking devices. Google the bizarre history of Fluoride (aluminum). It will let you in on some of the ailments it causes. I am still in a search for the compact/light stainless pressure cooker myself. If there is one, please advise...

Ummm.... no it's not. It's in the Boron group. Fluoride is a halogen.
The Aluminum Group of Elements

Also you won't find much in the way of rigerous science that will provide evidence that aluminum causes any diseases especially Altzheimers. That was strongly debunked years ago and has about as much "evidence" to support it as the autism/vaccine stuff out there on the web.

Unfortunately when it comes to things medical Google is NOT your friend. Wikipedia is worse still. For those that don't have access to the peer-reviewed literature "Google Scholar" is a place to start. Or if you're content to only read abstracts, anyone can search the vast NIH database (pubmed) and read the abstracts for free. THIS is where medical professionals get their information from.
Link to NIH searching here:Home - PubMed - NCBI

Sorry for the thread drift, but I felt compelled to put in the point of order.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook