SailNet Community - View Single Post - I'm Done
Thread: I'm Done
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Re: I'm Done

Quote:
As to moving this to Off Topic .... personally I'm not sure but only because in Off Topic lots of you won't see it. Otoh, I acknowledge it has absolutely nothing to do with sailing so it probably doesn't belong here either. So we'll move it for now to Announcements and Suggestions. If any of you are overly narked about that then send me a PM.
That that paragraph is necessary is one of the things that irks me about SN (not a lot, cause not much in life does). It's just not that big of a deal where it's at, and why anyone would go to the trouble to even think about it being in the wrong place, much less typing a post about it, to me, is a sad misuse of time. But if it's that big of a deal to so many people, start a bloody "Hey, I'm leaving" forum.

Something that seems to get forgotten all too easily is that this is a SOCIAL site, as well as an information sharing site. A Community, filled with all kinds of people who have all kinds of interests besides sailing, BUT, prefer to spend their time here, then elsewhere. There's more than ample provision made for those who don't wish to be sullied by topics that aren't strictly sailing, so that they can avoid even seeing the threads. So give it a rest.

Correction: ... prefer to spend their time here ... should say ... prefer to spend their online time here ...

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PBzeer; 08-21-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook