SailNet Community - View Single Post - I'm Done
Thread: I'm Done
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Re: I'm Done

Honestly, I am not sure why the rant. If you want to leave then leave, but sorry to see ya go. I sincerely hope nothing I did offended. Sometimes tone is read differently, keep that in mind.

A coup? on a board? really, what would it look like? I digress.

I find it absolutely cool that some of the great sailboat builders of our time still post and drop in here. It doesn't get any more authoritative than the builders themselves!

Also I think sailnet represents all aspects of sailing from racing, to cruising, to trailering. I don't do any one of the above exclusively, I enjoy ALL 3 in one boat go figure! Perhaps the racers and McMansion luxury yacht owners are louder than others? I dunno, I don't think they are overrepresented either way.

Is my piddly little 25 footer laughed at by those with "big masts?" Perhaps it is, but for some things smaller is better Don't worry I always try to convince myself of that, I have to.

Seriously. It's a online board. The posts are worth what you paid for them. Some just fill the gap between being able to get out sailing. Some are priceless for help in fixing problems others have already addressed.

Sailnet is still my first stop for help when I have a problem with my boat, I look to see how others have addressed it, doesn't make their way the best way, just A way.

Leave if you must. If it's to sail, well DUH nobody expects you to post INSTEAD of sailing. Not many of us here would post over sailing.

Last edited by SHNOOL; 08-21-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook