SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Gourmet (cough) Sailor
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Gourmet (cough) Sailor

I try to gas grill as many food items as possible while anchored up for the night, which makes just about anything taste better. Turkey Kielbasa, which is just OK on the stove, becomes a delicacy when cut into 1-inch chunks and placed on skewers inter-spaced with chunks of Vidalia onion, fresh mush rooms, sweet red bell pepper slices, etc..., then placed on the gas grill. Makes an entire meal in just a few minutes.

When that's not possible, I pull a TV dinner out of the boat's freezer, put about a 1/2-inch of water in a pot, then sit the TV dinner in the water and bring it to a boil for 10 minutes. It's just like putting it in a microwave and tastes the same - mediocre!

I made a special lifting device for the TV dinners, one that provides a platform that keeps the plastic tray from making direct contact with the bottom of the cookpot, and additionally, allows you to easily and safely lift the TV diner from the pot. I made the lifting device from a length of brazing wire. When I go to the boat today, I'll try to remember to shoot some photos of it.

Cheers,

Gary

Last edited by travlineasy; 08-23-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook