SailNet Community - View Single Post - picking up a vacant mooring
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012
Banned

ParadiseParrot is on a distinguished road
Re: picking up a vacant mooring

Unlicensed moorings are impediments to navigation and as such are not owned by anyone but the "owner" if known needs to remove the "trash" at his cost as I have a legal right to anchor in that spot.You cannot Trespass on unowned property.

We have thousand of people "squatting" in MacMansions in Florida as we speak. No trespass because there is no owner. No owner because the bank doesn't want to foreclose and pay property taxes.The squatters cant be removed because there is no trespass. No trespass because no owner.Understand?

You can't own the sea floor in most cases....shellfish beds and some other exceptions do to common law pre-revolution in NE withstanding.

No Licence then its not a mooring its just trash and I can salvage it under some conditions. Then it become my property. Private Moorings are marked. There location and ownership is done under the harbormaster or CG. A soda bottle with a chain on it will not cut it. Now some in NE will scream...They feel entitled...maybe they have gotten away with it for generations...Since the Boat has ALWAYS been there everyone assumes they have a right to.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook