SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC34 power generation/storage solution?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012

samchristo is on a distinguished road
Re: PSC34 power generation/storage solution?

We tried several LED providers and settled on the SensiBulb from Sailor's Solutions. In addition to good lighting, their post-sale service is quite good. We converted all the lights to G4 halogen and simply used LED plug-ins. This applies to both overhead and reading lights. About half can be switched from white to red lighting for offshore work.
For batteries we use 4 Lifeline 6v AGM's mounted in the battery compartment provided, I believe, by the factory. I added a Group 27 starting battery just outboard of the house bank battery.
Both I and the previous owner added a number of DC outlets. There are a couple in the Vberth, 4 in the bookshelves, a couple at the nav station and a couple in the cockpit cubbies. They are a mix of cigarette lighter-style and the two prong Perko receptacles. The two prong plugs can be a pain but we haven't found another plug type that seems any better.
The solar panels and wind gen are on a custom-made SS arch (kind of). It blends into the bimini and doesn't look like a normal arch. Aesthetics are important on these boats.
Hope this helps,
Sam
s/v Grace PSC34
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook