Re: Interesting Sailboats
I like to let you know that we finally purchased a our fast bluewater cruiser. See below...
This is a used Outremer 50. 8.5 tons, 0.7 m draft and lots of space.
The decision for this boat evolved as follows:
1. Big fun while sailing a Pogo 40: Speed is great! And the Pogos simplicity.
2. Plan for circumnavigation with 2 kids. Need for boat with low loss in value.
3. Low draft very appreciated. Same as speed and simplicity.
4. Pogos (e.g. 12.50) have not enough comfort (e.g. no doors, too basic pantry)
5. Skipped purchase of a house due to other reasons.
6. Visited Catamaran Outremer to check out the 'narrow hulls' and 'limited omfort' people talk about. Seen that this is may be correct from the multihull standpoint but from the monohull standpoint the comfort is enormous.
7. Tried to get the build No.1 of the new 45 model. Unfortunatey it got postponed till 2014.
8. Decided to buy one of the few Outremer 50 due to the even more space. Handling is managable. Anchoring instead of marina anyway preferred.
Our voyage will start next April... Until then we will do some work on this boat.
Last edited by myocean; 08-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.