SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to CS30
Thread: New to CS30
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012

chamonix is on a distinguished road
Re: New to CS30

We bought our cs30 three years ago, and for the most part have been very happy with it. It is a great boat for a couple on the Great Lakes. As far as sailing is concerned I would say it is very good. My wife and I are not racers or really sailors for that matter but it doesn't take much to get the boat going at a good clip.
Not sure where you were told that they don't point well. I can easily get our boat to 40 degrees and sometimes to 30. Keep in mind that what I know about sail trim could fit on a matchbook cover. This is with a 5'6" deep keel.
My only regret is the 5'6" keel. We are on georgian Bay and I've already hit two rocks this season with the bottom of my keel ( its part of my cunning plan to turn it into a shoal keel a bit at a time ). If I had to do it again I would get a CS30 with the shoal keel rather than the deep keel or even wing keel. Take my word for it, there are a lot of rocks in the 30,000 island part of Georgian Bay. But as I said we are not racers, and pointing ability while handy at times, is of less importance to us.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook