SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to CS30
Thread: New to CS30
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 08-30-2012
Re: New to CS30

We bought our cs30 three years ago, and for the most part have been very happy with it. It is a great boat for a couple on the Great Lakes. As far as sailing is concerned I would say it is very good. My wife and I are not racers or really sailors for that matter but it doesn't take much to get the boat going at a good clip.
Not sure where you were told that they don't point well. I can easily get our boat to 40 degrees and sometimes to 30. Keep in mind that what I know about sail trim could fit on a matchbook cover. This is with a 5'6" deep keel.
My only regret is the 5'6" keel. We are on georgian Bay and I've already hit two rocks this season with the bottom of my keel ( its part of my cunning plan to turn it into a shoal keel a bit at a time ). If I had to do it again I would get a CS30 with the shoal keel rather than the deep keel or even wing keel. Take my word for it, there are a lot of rocks in the 30,000 island part of Georgian Bay. But as I said we are not racers, and pointing ability while handy at times, is of less importance to us.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome