SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising Broken Bay / September School Holidays
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012

wopalx is on a distinguished road
Re: Cruising Broken Bay / September School Holidays

I'd love to do the HCW race, unfortunately we optioned the deep keel on our boat so given we bounced over the bar in our X-37 several years ago I don't think Lake MacQ is on our agenda.

We have always named our boats over a maiden of the sea from the region the boat was built. Solveig was certainly legend in her time, raping and pillaging while hubby was off pretty much doing the same thing . The new boat we decided should simply be called Solvieg II as our last X was so much fun and we named it Solveig.

The XC's are great, the 42 would have been a great purchase & the owner I'm sure is very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Ha ... I thought that name sounded familiar. Solveig is something of a legendary name but I thought I'd seen it recently.

Lovely boat. The Wombet will verify that as we left the show I said that while there were a couple of other nice boats the X was the only one I really liked. Couple of half way decent catamarans and Bluewater do nice work but overall, a somewhat disappointing show this year.

Mate of ours has an older X but I've never been on board. Him and his wife crewed on our boat for the Heaven Can Wait 24hr race on Lake MacMacquarie last year. For me, being the doddery old cruiser that I am the XC would be more my speed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook