SailNet Community - View Single Post - Western Shore Marina Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Re: Western Shore Marina Recommendations

Well I suppose it depends on how critical the upgrades are. The season is winding down rapidly so if it were me, I'd look for a good monthly slip rate and sail the boat through October at least. On our haul out years (we haul every other year) we usually won't haul until after Thanksgiving but you might want to haul a bit earlier to get a jump on the work you want done.

The only thing you mention that rasies flags was the propane system. If there are problems with that, they need to be addressed before you use the boat, but its likely they could be addressed just as easily with the boat in the water as on land.

The rest of the stuff you mention sounds like the kind of work best done on the hard over the winter. HHN has the tradesmen to do the work you are looking for and they will likely be a tad cheaper than Annapolis though still expensive by my measure.

Edit to add, I don't think there really is such a thing as "dry storage" for 38' keelboats at HHN. There are certainly service bays where vendors do fiberglass and paint work but I think they are only for boats undergoing repair and they get moved outside once the work is done. Shrinkwrapping is a popular option to protect boats at HH marina's.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 08-31-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook