SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mariner Roller Furling
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012

jcboyce is on a distinguished road
Re: Mariner Roller Furling

My posting on the Mariner roller furing was in responce to the posting one above my origenal posting concerning the instalation of an stored unit.

It was an attempt to express that they are rebuildable with the possible exception of the male spline mounted on the cable, at the top of the head stay. When the cable is replaced to avoid the enevitable cable breakage due to use in salt water sepage into the swedge sleave rusting out the cable, that leads to the mast either falling in the cockpit of coming close because the standing rigging kept it from falling. (Bases on one I watched in Ceritos channel in LA harbor where after the head stay gave way the opperators sat looking at the mast now 15' above their heads.

I'm sorry if you had difficulty under standing what I ment it was intended for the person who posted the original question. when you have been working on boats since you were 4 and in 40 years have ended up 5 docks from where you were then. look back at the developments, you may look back and find the method of comunicating has changed.
JC Boyce
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook