SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does anyone know of a galvanized anchor swivel that will actually swivel?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Does anyone know of a galvanized anchor swivel that will actually swivel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
I went to my local commercial fishing store and bought a nice, made in the USA, HUGE burly galvenized anchor swivel to replace this one which came with my boat:

Only problem is that the first time I anchored with the new swivel it didn't swivel! This led to about 90min of swearing and muscling on the foredeck trying to get the twisted anchor chain on deck and then several hours of untwisting on deck. Urg! Back to stainless.

I don't like the stainless one for 2 reasons. It attaches with allen-head screws which are soft and are becoming rounded and impossible to to work with. Also the stainless causes my chain to rust. I cut a few links off every few years, but I don't want to have to do that.

So what brand of galvanized swivel will ACTUALLY SWIVEL??

MedSailor
I bought one from a New Zealand mob last year. Seemed to work fine. if I can find who it was that I got it from I'll post.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook