SailNet Community - View Single Post - A boat story
Thread: A boat story
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012

kd3pc is on a distinguished road
Re: A boat story

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC20Squid View Post
I have a more intelligent, more attractive, more emotionally stable, FAITHFUL wife who shares my dream of sailing. I have a brilliant 10 month old son. I'm shopping for the new boat. To be continued.
I was lucky, I got this kind of woman on my first go....

Our story...we moved from way inland to be closer to "her" parents after the MiL had a heart attack and were heading well in to their 70's. After one weekend of being demoted from a bedroom at the in laws to a patch on the floor, whilst the grandkids got the beds....I told my wife that if we were going to be staying with them long....I would not survive being treated this way...

So I offered to pick up an older Sabre 28 over in Urbanna....and off we (the FiL, myself and the wife) go to check it out. Although she loved the little boat and it was in great shape, she said it was too small and if we were going to buy a boat, it had to have AC/Heat and a berth for the two of us.

Luckily I had seen a Sabre 38 on Norton's list a few weeks before while looking for a 28. They still had it, it was available for viewing and was well priced, the PO had traded it on a new hunter.

We saw it, and put a contract on it that afternoon, and were aboard our new boat within two weeks. It was luxurious compared to staying with the in-laws and any time things got chaotic, I could be at the boat in minutes.

Still with the same woman, have been for 25 years now, although she liked the Sabre = crawling over me and in and out of the vberth was too much, and on her orders we sold the Sabre and moved aboard a Hunter P42 for several years.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook