SailNet Community - View Single Post - Adding woodwork below
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012

i_amcdn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to i_amcdn Send a message via MSN to i_amcdn Send a message via Yahoo to i_amcdn
Re: Adding woodwork below

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurEuS View Post
I also have an Edel 665 that needs some TLC. I like what you've done so far! I'm also in Toronto at ABYC I'd like to see more pictures of your boat if you have any
To be clear...the "nice" interior pic is not my boat. It is what I am aiming for.

So far I have just gutted the interior and painted the inside fibreglass. I have removed the ugly fabric material that was glued to the sides and removed the glue and foam residue from same. I have decided (after seeing it on the site) to glue cork on the sides where that fabric had been. if I can find a reasonable source of cork.

It has been so $#@#'g hot this summer that working below has been not fun.

This weekend I will be sanding the topsides and shopping for a new hatch gasket or an alternative to add to the existing one.

I am not far from you...in a storage yard @ Cherry St & Commissioners, across from the Cirque du Soleil tent. The big 100' five legged white crane, visible from the Gardiner is about 50' east of me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GH011033.JPG (60.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg GH011031.JPG (87.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by i_amcdn; 09-02-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook