SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does anyone know of a galvanized anchor swivel that will actually swivel?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Does anyone know of a galvanized anchor swivel that will actually swivel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killarney_sailor View Post
Have you tried doing without the swivel? I don't use one and have not noticed any particular problems with chain getting tangled - and we are anchored a lot. When I hoist the anchor it seems to untwist on the way up. I let it hang below the roller for 30 seconds or so to make sure that it is untwisted..
I doubt that would go well especially considering how many hours of trouble it was when the swivel malfunctioned the one time. Here in the Pacific Northwest shifting tides are the norm and in the summer fluky shifting winds are the norm. We probably do 1-2 circles an hour around our anchor up here.

Kilarney, enjoy Indonesia! I lived there for a year and the people are fantastic!

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook