SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Sirius 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by APP Mode View Post
There are direct flights from US to Dusseldorf with some german airlines, like Lufthansa and AirBerlin. And some north american airlines do so.
I will be there next year...all right I have already a boat but still love sailboats and Dusseldorf is the place to have a look at new trends on sailboats. I know the place and it is a great place with great beer and food, so guys if you want to join me, first round of beer is on me

I am still discovering my boat.While I am waiting for my set of kevlar sails to be repaired (after having waisted them in a blow) I have only a small dracon jib (all right I have also a big geenaker but am afraid to host it for the first time with the only help of my wife, I am waiting for my kids for the first try). But with that small jib I still sail without the engine and today I have done 7,5k with 18/20K wind at 40 degrees (all apparent wind).

I find out that the boat sails very well with just a small front sail (now have to convince my wife that the main sail is also needed). With 10k wind and just that little sail the boat can make over 5K). I never thought I could have fun with the boat handicapped to just that small sail, but I have not only had fun as I have learned a lot.

By the way while I am waiting for the repaired sails, I have been sailing in a fantastic placed, an interior sea that you enter in Preveza, the Amvrakikos golf: Incredible place, no tourism, almost no sailboats and the wind works like a clock: From 2 to 7 PM 18 to 20 K , always W/NW, after that no real wind till 2 PM next day. Just perfect for me with some small nice places with very nice prices and with very few tourists. I am sending this from one of them, Vonitsa : a great meal with wine, coffee and ouzo included by 10 euros.

This contrasts greatly with Croatia: not only you don't pay the anchorages as, several times, mine was the only boat there and when there were more boats (never more than three) they were separeted by 300m, at least. Nice

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook