SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alberg 37 Pros and Cons?
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 11-19-2006 Thread Starter
JakeLevi

I understand what you're saying, long before I sign on the dotted line I will sail on it and her close relatives, right now I am more looking for possibilities but mostly ruling out those that wont work, a lot of my time coming up this spring/summer is going to be sailing on the several makes I finally get narrowed down to.

I have read a lot of good things on the albergs, and their close relatives, one disadvantage that I have is being far inland from the coasts although some are here on the Great Lakes, but having a blue water boat on the GLs is a bit like having a ferrari running around the town square.

I have ruled out several makes just on comments offered here, and several others from things brought up in some of the surveying/inspecting and cruising books I've gotten, its a slow process.

I am on several owners lists now, and gradually getting information there,

frankly the alberg sounds the best so far although there are a couple interesting pearsons, and one old boat thats a one off I think that keeps drawing me back to her. We shall see what will be.

My goal is a good boat for cruising that can get me around the Caribbean and maybe down to the Galapagoes.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome