SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alberg 37 Pros and Cons?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006

JakeLevi is on a distinguished road
I understand what you're saying, long before I sign on the dotted line I will sail on it and her close relatives, right now I am more looking for possibilities but mostly ruling out those that wont work, a lot of my time coming up this spring/summer is going to be sailing on the several makes I finally get narrowed down to.

I have read a lot of good things on the albergs, and their close relatives, one disadvantage that I have is being far inland from the coasts although some are here on the Great Lakes, but having a blue water boat on the GLs is a bit like having a ferrari running around the town square.

I have ruled out several makes just on comments offered here, and several others from things brought up in some of the surveying/inspecting and cruising books I've gotten, its a slow process.

I am on several owners lists now, and gradually getting information there,

frankly the alberg sounds the best so far although there are a couple interesting pearsons, and one old boat thats a one off I think that keeps drawing me back to her. We shall see what will be.

My goal is a good boat for cruising that can get me around the Caribbean and maybe down to the Galapagoes.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook