SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marthas Vineyard, Greenport, Block Island, Port Jeff, Matiuk, Stonington, New Lo
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Marthas Vineyard, Greenport, Block Island, Port Jeff, Matiuk, Stonington, New Lo

You are right. I'm resigned to the delivery being either a "guys" trip or having her delivered. We've done that before. Have the boat moved far away and sail her home. We get to theoretically cover twice the distance and the psychology of always making progress toward home is easier on the crew. I say theoretical because, when we did this last year, we ended up spending a week exploring Penobscot Bay making no westerly progress at all. And loving it!

I think I've mentioned that I have a buddy that moved his boat up here, from Annapolis, for this past summer. He had her delivered and the crew of two made it in 48 hrs flat, non-stop offshore. Ideal passage conditions though. I know he absolutely loved coming here to sail for the summer and I'm waiting to hear whether he is really going to take his boat home. He is considering leaving her on the hard rather than paying to deliver her home and back again, but it is exactly those Fall sailing months that he is considering. Nice problem to have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook