SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I also used to have to make small batches of epoxy and HATED wasting a full stroke of each. I switched to MAS and bought a bunch of 50 ml mixing cups from Jamestown Distributors. A trip to the grocery store to buy a set of ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles for about $4... (do you see where this is going?) and voila! I squirt out 10 or 15 ml of resin, and half as much hardener to bring it up to 15 or 22.5 ml and there you go!
Added benefit is I can store the epoxy some place cool and keep the squirt bottles in my shop to fill up when necessary.
I'm currently using a 4-1 ratio epoxy and I use the same graduated cup system. I have to admit I prefer 2-1 or 1-1 ratios but the cups make accuracy simple with any ratio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook