SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Cruising Kids (and dogs) do...
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: What Cruising Kids (and dogs) do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberg View Post
Great picture!

I hate to admit it, but our go-to for our 3 year old boy has been the portable DVD player. I absolutely love to share with him the experience of sailing, but sometimes his attention span for it is about 5 whole minutes. Then it's, I want to swim, I want to go in the dinghy, I want to stand up here where you've told me 100 times not to stand.

There's nothing quite like a quiet 3 year-old safely sacked out below with a movie, while Mom and Dad enjoy the sun and breeze.

Funny thing is, we do very little TV at home, but his traditional games and toys probably wouldn't hold his attention on the boat. DVD seems to be all that will do it.
As I said above, we also limit our kids time on the TV so they love it and get mesmerized too. And I am all for finding a way for the kids to be happy and mom and dad to have mom and dad time. We do it too. Keeps our relationship healthy and the truth is that the kids like seeing us spending time alone and just enjoying each other. Makes for a good role model for them one day in my opinion.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook