SailNet Community - View Single Post - Home schooling for Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Home schooling for Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSpinnaker View Post
Okay so I don't really like to relate my personal life much on-line, but this issue strikes close to home.

I was home schooled all grades except kindergarten. We had a curriculum we followed though it was long before on-line schools/curriculum. Out of several siblings we are all pretty successful in life.

Now that I have kids I would never put my life and interests in front of their education. I would NEVER home school my kids and subject them to the struggles I went through trying to adjust to life as a member of society after leading a pretty sheltered and isolated life due to Homeschooling.
I am aware of a very similar issue that I have witnessed first hand. I am also aware of many more that are not. Sounds like it wasn't the right thing for you. I think the key is getting them with other kids and getting outside exposure. Just my opinion though.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook