SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Galley - Must Haves, Don't Needs & Wish List
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012

SeaQuinn is on a distinguished road
Re: The Galley - Must Haves, Don't Needs & Wish List

I second the seagully filter....we have it dispensed to the sink and drink the water from the tank that filters through it....better than bottled water IMHO. I bought a bag of 25 microfiber towels at Sam.s and they are great for all sorts of cleaning jobs ....save on paper towels. Cut them in quarters for dish cloths.
Make polar fleece bags for your pots and pans so you can stack them without them banging underway.
We bought a carafe to put the coffee in....keeps it hot longer. Stacking plastic bowls with lids - easy to store and can be used for multiple purposes like serving, mixing and storing food, etc.
We use nice porcelain dishes, plastic insulated glasses ( don't sweat) and good quality SS cutlery.
After I get back from shopping before I unload the trunk I "depack" the overpacked foods And stuff like cereal and cracker boxes, clothing tags, plastic blister packs etc. keep a pair of good household scissors in the trunk for this.....then toss it all in the Marina dumpster before you carry stuff on board in your reusable cotton duck shopping bags. Saves so much garbage form having to be hauled off the boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook