SailNet Community - View Single Post - We did it! We took our 3 week old sailing today!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012

Marcel D is on a distinguished road
Re: We did it! We took our 3 week old sailing today!

Well where to start when we picked up our Beneteau 285 my wife was 5 months preg. The ensuing summer was quote quite intresting we would secure the car seat to the binnacal under the biminnie and from their it was breast to wheel for my wife. One day i had the oldest in the cockpit with me on the weather side of the boat and he had fallen asleep in my lap. We were fastly aproching an island with a nice reef. I asked my wife to come up and lend a hand and she replied that she was feeding our youngest left to one again. When the kids got a little older it was to the jolly jumper off the boom great fun. From their it was to running on beaches and long hikes. Our kids are now 3 and 5 a lot of fun, and the questions oh my they sound like the sea gulls off of Nemo. We now sail a 2009 Beneteau 34 much better more room and more lego parts under the the cabin sole all the more to plug our bilage pump I guess. Good luck happy cruising. Oh and don't forget to pickup a 5 gallon rubbermade tote they make the best bath tubs for the kids.

Last edited by Faster; 09-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook