SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted - Relaxed sailing beautiful Maine Islands - September
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012

Location: See my blog SailingAquinnah.blogspot.com. Maine to the warm Islands down South
JohnZion is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew Wanted - Relaxed sailing beautiful Maine Islands - September

Hello all,

I am now in Portland, heading north for Belfast on Friday morning.

Sail up from Cape Cod was great (25 knot winds in Buzzards bay), hit [not literally] Hull, MA, the Isles of Shoals off NH {loved it, will go back}, Kennebunkport {too touristy and ritzy for me} and Portland {great old city with long oceangoing history, lots of good food, art and live music}.

Next - the real Maine islands begin! Lots of them. And tons of lobster pots to dodge. Dodge the pot. I hope I can just run them over when I'm sailing {no, not when motoring, I know}. Talk about zig zag zig zig zag. Yikes.

Thanks for the comments so far. Cheers Tempest, David and Goose.

Open spots for Maine are Sept 7-15 and Sept 21-28.

After that, if someone wants to join me for the sail back down to Cape Cod in late Sept/early October . . .

November will find me heading south, so if you are interested, call or email me. In the short term, just call! No internet on board.

OK, I am going clamming. Nice garlic-cilantro-white-wine sauce to steam them in . . . . . and maybe mahi mahi shishkabobs with pinapple, onion, mushroom, red peppers and . . . .

Anyone hungry now???

Bye

Last edited by JohnZion; 09-17-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook