SailNet Community - View Single Post - Let the fun begin
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012

sailortrash is on a distinguished road
Let the fun begin

I had no idea on where exactly to post this, so I decided to post it where my skill set was weakest. I am about to buy a 40 stevens as long as the survey checks out. I have been a professional sailor for almost 13 years and although I have sailed alot I have only owned 2 sailboats of my own. One was a 38 farr design and the other was a 19 compac. I was fortunate with both in that they gave me very little problems and mainly enjoyed them. I have done a fair amount of work on boats but I am realizing that I am not a cruiser I am a sailor. I have mostly crewed on other people's boats and was not responsible for the every day maintaining of the vessels. I realize that I can do it but I am definitely going to have a learning curve when it comes to the new boat. I really am going to have to gain more knowledge when it comes to boat yard style work. To be honest I am going to have to paint the deck and rebed the hardware. To be honest this job and this entire boat project is a bit scary to me. Any time In the past that I have done this kind of work on a boat I have had some one much more knowledgeable than I telling me how and what to do. I am not used to being the one in charge in this type of boating situation. Though I am very thankful for this website and others like it. I know this is going to be a BIG project and i know I will learn alot but This is what I want to do. I like to tinker and I love being on the water. I really don't want a house. I feel like a kid waiting for christams. Thanks in advance to everyone for any help or advice that I am going to get. I know I am going to need it.
Jared
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook