SailNet Community - View Single Post - I'm finally doing it
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012

CapnBones is on a distinguished road
I'm finally doing it

So I am sitting at work right now... not exactly working hard because my mind is elsewhere. Two years ago I bought my boat and formulated my plan to work for two years and then sail down to the Bahamas for at least this winter. As plans go I have hit some snags. I don't have as much money as I wanted to have, and I didn't do all the upgrades on the boat that I wanted, so I was going to defer for a bit longer.

Screw that! My lease ends the end of September so I decided my tenure at my job will as well and I will move on to the boat which is 2 hours away from where I live now. I am going to work on the boat through October, really get everything hammered out on it, all the little stuff that I always put off because I would rather sail. Then come November I am taking off and heading for Florida. I am planning to stop off since I have a lot of friends down there, and hopefully pick up a little bit of work to put money in my pocket. I am working on my captains license now so hopefully I can get some use out of that. After that, say January I am going to head to the islands. None of the details are ironed out on that end now, nor do I think they will be, just going to wing it. What is certain is that I am moving on the boat and leaving for warmer climates and blue water. I am currently selling everything in my house either through Craigslist, or the yard sale that we are having next weekend, less stuff more cash!

I am pretty much full to bursting with this and had to tell more people, and I can't tell anyone at work yet. At any rate, hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Bones
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook